In line with the international context, Italian airports are experiencing a process of transformation and innovation of passenger services with a view to simplification, including through the use of digital technologies, and collaboration between all the players in the system. The disruptive and transversal effect of new technologies, in the “digital first” perspective, will lead not only to a more efficient system, but above all to shorten the distances between the stakeholders and between these and the passengers. These tools allow easier access to services and re-launch non-aeronautical business.
In this context, Software Design is engaged in the front line in achieving the digital growth objectives of airports and in accompanying stakeholders in a process of modernization and transformation. It is quite clear that the definition of a clear and coherent strategy is fundamental to guarantee a successful transformation process. An essential element of a good Digital Transformation policy must be based on the centrality of the end user of the services. It is also important to highlight the lack of digital skills and that this represents one of the main obstacles to digital transformation. Software Design wants to support airports in providing them with a vision, experience figures and ready-to-use solutions.
Leveraging these ingredients we can work to ensure that every airport that intends to pursue this road costs reduced, a modern and competitive image, and certain results.
The tools available in the solution portfolio include modules of proven maturity that can be classified into the following groups:
- Sales support systems
- eCommerce Tools: tools that allow the purchase of web services with online payment. The module provides functions for modeling the rate profiles of the services provided.
- Local reselling systems: systems that allow the sale of goods and services through dedicated infrastructures. In this group the available solutions are:
- ShopView: management of crates in the network with real-time control of the receipt, points accumulation capacity and coupon use for Airport Fidelity.
- Cash ancillary services: totem with a fidelity card reader through which you can purchase ancillary services and pay them either in cash or by credit card. The cash desk returns the tickets for the use of the related services purchased.
- Parking Discount Engine: allows you to create an interconnection between the parking pricing logic and the commercial logistical crossings between the various company departments.
- Usage and promotion systems
- Passenger Assistant: advanced information services able to put together both operational information and business promotion information.
- Operational management systems of services: field systems that allow the provision and control of specific services.
- Airport Fidelity: management of loyalty programs.
- CRM platform: environment dedicated to managing relationships with users.
- Sales analysis
- Business Intelligence: comparative analysis of historical information aimed at supporting the adoption of the most appropriate commercial choices.
Among the most important solutions from a Digital point of view are the Passenger Assistance Systems and the loyalty program:
- The Passenger Assistance Systems consists of a series of advanced tools that cooperate in synergy to improve the passenger experience in all aspects of the journey. The tools developed so far are: Passenger Assistant, Location based services, Flight notifications, Infopoint, Video Concierge, Chatbot. The “Passenger Assistant” is the central element around which the other accessory tools rotate, as it guarantees ergonomics and ubiquity of use.
- Many sophisticated services are already usable by the Assistant, such as Airport Fidelity, Flight Info with push notifications, eCommerce (Parking, auxiliary services, …), Engine Discount Engine (Air Contracts, Cross Selling, Fidelity Card, … ), Proximity Notifier Commercial, Customer Support, Security, …). Each available airport service has been built using sensitive technologies so that the user interfaces are adapted in the best way according to the size of the screen of the device, regardless of whether it is a smartphone, a tablet or a desktop.
Location Based services enable quick and easy access to the IOT world through the use of beacons that can be installed in strategic positions to capture the presence of passengers and provide them with both operational and commercial information. Airport services that can be offered using localization utilities are managed by a Generic Proximity Notifier environment. The Proximity Notifier has been implemented as a truly generic environment in which it is possible to configure any type of notification by associating it with one or more airport fences, be they beacon or GPS.
These solutions, working in unison, allow the creation of new operational processes: a passenger who purchases goods in airport stores can show the virtual Fidelity Card and obtain loyalty points. The credits acquired can then be used to book a FastTrack coupon that enables FastTrack access simply by bringing the smartphone close to the gateway tablet. All data managed by the field systems and loyalty programs are stored and aggregated in a CRM (Customer Relationships Management) platform, dedicated to managing relationships with customers, to create profiled contacts. These profiles can be used to manage “Closed Loop” marketing activities in an appropriate manner.
The online system for the sale of parking lots, ancillary services and third party products
The sales management system based on non-intrusive devices to be installed inside stores
A totem equipped with a fidelity card reader through which ancillary services can be purchased
PARKING DISCOUNT ENGINE
The system that allows an interconnection between the parking pricing logic and the commercial logics
PASSENGER MOBILE ASSISTANT
The digital access door to airport services that allows passengers to get what they need at the right time in any place, at the airport to acquire user profiling data to set up customized business policies and customized services, tailor-made with tailoring care. The PMA is much more than an app …. it is an engaging and exciting experience for the passenger and the airport
The Airport Fidelity aims to improve customer service and create consumer communities within which to segment user profiles and identify the most suitable promotional actions, so as to allow a tangible improvement of marketing strategies aimed at increasing sales and assistance to customers
CRM, Customer Relationships Management is the system that supports the management of direct marketing campaigns, through the sending of newsletters and the tracking of commercial opportunities generated. It allows to carry out analyzes and organize the activities of the commercial departments in the best possible way
BI FOR NAB
Business Intelligence is the system designed to provide users with information to track and analyze corporate trends and support decisions in the airport world